"This corn recipe is great when you’re having friends over as a very easy starter. It can also be used as a side to this great burrito recipe. If serving as a side to mexican, the corn cobs can be cut in half to serve 4 people!" - Benjamin Conroy, Forbidden Foods Chef
Serves: 2-4 | Prep Time: 10m | Cook Time: 20m
- 1/3 cup cooked Green Rice
- 1/3 Cup cooked Red Rice
- 1/3 Cup Cooked Black Rice
- 2 Cobs of Corn
- 200ml Free range mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Chipotle chilli in adobo*
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 80g Parmesan Cheese finely grated
- 5 Tbsp Olive Oil + extra for drizzling
- Juice and Zest of 3 Limes
- 1/3 Bunch Coriander leaves washed
- Remove the husks from the corn and rub with 2 tbsp of olive oil and season well.
- Grill the corn on a BBQ hotplate or griddle pan over high heat to char the corn and get some nice colour.
- While the corn is cooking, mix the mayonnaise with the roughly chopped chipotle chilli and some of the adobo sauce until well combined. Season to taste and set aside.
- Take the corn from the BBQ and set aside until cool enough to handle. This should be just enough time to make the rice salad.
- For the rice salad, place the trio of Forbidden Rice into a bowl and dress with coriander, olive oil, lime zest and juice. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and a touch of sugar if necessary, place into serving bowl.
- By now the corn should be cool enough to handle, start by rolling the corn through the chipotle mayonnaise. You want a really thorough coating on the whole outside. (I find a wide dish works best)
- Next roll the corn through the very finely grated/shaved parmesan, again ensuring the whole exterior is covered.
- Finish by placing the corn gently onto the prepared rice salad and sprinkling the top of the corn with the smoked paprika for some extra flavour. Serve immediately.
- Ensure to have plenty napkins on hand as there is way of eating this delicious dish without getting your hands dirty.
Credit: Chef - Benjamin Conroy, Photography - Bianca Milani.