One of the wonderful things about Forbidden Foods organic white rice is how it fluffs up when cooked, improving its consistency through some old time favourite recipes like special fried rice. Try this simple dish today and experience the quality for yourself!
Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 15m | Cook Time: 30m
- 1 cup of Forbidden White Rice
- 1/4 cup veg oil
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 knob ginger thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions cut in 4cm lengths
- 100g bacon 2 rashers roughly cut
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas
- Hand full of fried shallots
- Cook Forbidden Foods white rice as per instructions on packet.
- Once rice has cooked, heat ¼ of a cup of vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan over high heat, add eggs and Cook for about 2 mins. Place omelette to side, let cool and cut into strips.
- Heat remaining vegetable oil and cook garlic, ginger and spring onions over high heat for a few mins, add bacon and stir-fry for another 2 min.
- Combine red wine vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil in a small jug or bowl. Pour into wok, add rice and baby peas and stir-fry for 2 mins, until coated and heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir egg through. Transfer to bowl.
- Serve on bowls and sprinkle fried shallots to garnish.
Credit: Chef - Mel Rajic, Photography - Bianca Milani, Styling - Sarah Egan.