We bet you've never had a plant-based kofta that tastes this good!
Not to toot our horn but they are quite delish, with subtle notes of mint and parsley paired with spices from the paprika, it'll make for a flavoursome party for your tastebuds to enjoy!
Served with a fresh salad and hummus, it makes for a perfect light meal that you can also store for lunch the next day, win win!
Be sure to tag us if you recreate this delicious recipe!
Cooking time: 20 - 30 minutes
- 1 x Sensory Mill Plant-based Ch*cken Mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus extra for cooking
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- large handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- handful fresh mint leaves, shredded, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
Can serve with: salad, hummus, flat bread and lemon wedges
- Place the ch*cken mix in a heatproof bowl. Add the oil and 1 cup (250ml) hot water and mix well. Leave to sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the onion, garlic, herbs and spices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wet your hands with a little water to prevent the kofta mixture sticking. Divide the mixture into 8 and mould it firmly around wooden or metal skewers.
- Heat a grill pan or non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush the koftas with the extra oil and cook for 3–4 minutes each side until well browned and heated through.
- Mash the avocado flesh in a bowl with the coriander stalks and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the koftas with a rustic salad, hummus, flat bread and lemon wedges. Sprinkle with chilli flakes if you like.
Tip: soak bamboo skewers in water to stop them burning during cooking.