Get a sense of being in in France with these Chia and Honey Madeleines. The perfect option for an after dinner treat or to have with a cup of coffee. The fluffy texture will melt in your mouth!
Makes 6-8 Madeleines
- 90g Unsalted Butter
- 20g Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 66g Caster Sugar
- 12g Brown Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 20g Chia Flour
- 45g Plain Flour
- 4g Baking Powder
- Extra chia flour for dusting
- Extra butter for greasing
- Place butter and honey into a small pot. Melt over a low heat . Take off heat to cool down to room temperature.
- Meanwhile combine dry ingredients in a bowl and add the eggs.
- Once the butter mix has cooled, add to the bowl with mix. Gently stir to combine being sure to not over beat.
- Generously grease a madeleine tray with soft butter, then dust with extra chia flour.
- Spoon or pipe, the mix into the moulds to ¾ fill them. Place into fridge and allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Once oven is hot, cook for 8 minutes. Then remove onto a clean tea towel to keep warm. Let rest about 2 minutes then enjoy.
Made this recipe? Share your creation with us on Instagram @sensory_mill.