We've given the well known Middle Eastern fattoush salad a modern spin with the addition of our new Black Rice & Quinoa 125g instant rice pack. A fattoush salad is all about a punchy sourness levelled out by the combination of feta and crisp bread. In this recipe the black rice & quinoa grains fills the salad out into a quick and easy meal.
Serves: 1-2 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 5 mins
- Forbidden Black Rice & Quinoa Organic Instant Rice 125g
- 5 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 small Lebanese cucumber diced
- 1 spring onion sliced
- 2 Tbs Greek feta broken into small chunks
- Herbs - basil, mint, parsley, dill, either roughly chopped or torn
- 2 pieces of flat bread/pitta or tortilla (Option to use gluten free)
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the Forbidden Black Rice & Quinoa Organic Instant Rice 125g as per instructions on the pack. One heated place black rice & quinoa into a bowl.
- Add the diced cucumber, cherry tomato, spring onion and herbs into the bowl.
- Make a vinaigrette by mixing 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to your preference. Mix together.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad.
- Toast bread/tortilla until crisp but not brown.
- Add the small broken up crisp bread/tortilla to the bowl.
- Tumble all ingredients together.
- Garnish with feta and place large pieces of crisp bread/tortilla against salad on plate. This is used to scoop up salad and eat.
Credit: Chef - Emma Parker, Stylist - Sarah Egan, Producer & Director - Yolantha Morrigan, Director of Photography - Joel Egan, Runner - Justine Scheppers, Photographer - Bianca Milani