A whole lotta flavour and it's all plant-based! This Vegan Taco recipe is fun to make, you'll feel like a Michelin star chef. You can either make the spice from scratch or if time is not on your side, you can just pre buy the spice mix, we won't tell. And yes, extra guac please!
Be sure to tag us if you recreate this delicious recipe!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 x Sensory Mill Plant-based B*ef Mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus extra for cooking
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable stock
- 12 soft tortillas, warmed, to serve
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder (or more if you like heat)
Can be served with: guacamole, shredded red cabbage, char-grilled corn, pickled jalapeños, coriander leaves and lime wedges, to serve
- Place the b*ef mix in a heatproof bowl. Add the oil and 1 cup (250ml) hot water and mix well. Leave to sit for 10 minutes.
- Combine all the spices in a small bowl.
- Heat a drizzle of extra oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the tomato paste and spice mix and cook, stirring for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the b*ef mixture and stir until well combined with the tomato mixture.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, beans and stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the taco mixture with tortillas and all the sides.